Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14 Update

It looks like Alison's UTI is starting to clear up already. Her urine is clear and she hasn't gotten sick all day. So that's good news. Hopefully that will allow us to be released back over to Madonna tomorrow so we can get reintegrated into our therapy plan. I decided to stay again tonight as well. Her brother will arrive in Lincoln tomorrow afternoon, but I didn't want her to be alone when/if she has to move back down the street. And I'm really glad I stayed; she's been extremely emotional today. Although the infection seems to be clearing, she's obviously not feeling well. It's uncertain if it's pain, discomfort, nausea, anxiety or what. But she's probably cried more today than any other day I've been with her. We've been giving her anxiety medicine to help her cope, and that helps some. I think I'm ready for them to try giving her some pain meds now. She didn't sleep well last night and hasn't much today either. I'm sure on top of everything else, she's simply exhausted and can't relax. She's tensing up and posturing a lot today too - which could be the source of her pain. If nothing else, it prevents her from relaxing for any substantial period of time. But there have been days where she postures more than others, so I'm hopeful it will pass. Please pray that we'll be well enough to get back to Madonna tomorrow. And that Alison would be feeling better and able to rest overnight. Thanks so much.

No comments: